Monday, January 21, 2013

Pecan  Cookies!!


       Hey, so today I was talking to my babysitter and we decided to make something and we started looking threw The Kids Cookbook. We found these buttery pecan cookies. Here's how to make one:



You need:

1 cup of room temperature butter
2/3 cup of sugar
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans


  First, you combine the butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Then blend with the electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Srape the sides a couple of times. Add the flour and nuts. Continue mixing until it looks like little pebbles. Squeeze the dough together to form a ball. Put it in plastic wrap and roll into a log. Last refrigerate for 3 hours.

  Preheat oven to 350. Cut it into cookie size pieces. Place cookies on a baking sheet covered in aluminum foil. Bake for 15 min. After they are finished, take the aluminum foil with the cookies on it and place on a cooling rake.When completly cooled, place in a airtight container.


  I hope you like them as much as i do!!! ;)  Here's a picture of my cookies:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Cade's Birthday!!

 All week I have been doing this camp called cake boss. I learned a lot! Cade's birthday was yesterday and I got to make his cake and my...